Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I for one, am happy...

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there is no good evidence either way."

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

For nearly seven years now, I have heard nothing but criticism and hatred when it comes to the operation of our government. I have not heard any constructive ideas on how to change the status quo. I mean other than a "lockbox."

The American people have been growing more and more disillusioned with some of the policies of our current administration.

The trampling of our constitutional rights in the name of inteligence gathering and warfare. Pretty much happens in every war. Even the revered Lincoln suspended the writ of habeas corpus during our Civil War. But, that doesn't make it right.

The growing unease with the way the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is being prosecuted. I admit, I'm pretty much uneasy with that myself. Though, I support our president in what I believe are his goals in that regard. How many times were we attacked by terrorists during our eight years of appeasement and diplomacy with the world? How many times have we been attacked since the world now hates us?

Can we do things better than we have so far? You bet. Will a new Democratic controlled congress come up with the ideas and leadership to do that? I sure hope so.

For nearly seven years now, I have heard nothing but criticism and hatred when it comes to the operation of our government. I have not heard any constructive ideas on how to change the status quo. I'm ready. Let's see what you've got.

Let the new leadership guide us to unparalleled success and prosperity, protect us from harm, and may God's hand lead them in the path of right and integrity.

Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping things turn out okay, but I'm not real optimistic at this point. I'll have to see how they handle the Iraq & tax situations first.

Anonymous said...

BTW nice prayer!

Anonymous said...

I second that Amen.